2.20.2013

Project for the day: Luck o' the irish garland

Top o' the mornin' to ya!

My little girl so enjoyed helping me make our valentine's garland that I thought we could tackle a second one to get in the spirit of St. Patrick's day.

I discovered I really don't have any decorations for St. Patty's. I would guess it's because I like all the spring colors and such associated with Easter, so I tend to skip right over it and decorate for the later holiday...but it can't hurt to have some four-leaf clovers around :D

First I cut out a bunch of clovers using a template I drew and then tracing it on green paper.

Then I got out a large hole punch and proceeded to make a bunch of "gold coins".

Afterwards, my daughter and I glued them all on some green and white baker's twine.

I probably should have stopped there, but I thought it would look cute to have some design on the clovers, to make them look a bit fancier...so of course, I decided to emboss them. (this was sadly, not a good project to try to do with a 2 year old) so I put it away and returned later in the evening. It went much smoother, but I can't say that I love the way they turned out...they look fine and it's pretty cute, but not nearly as cute as the valentine's day garland we made.

Ah well :) It'll only be up for a few weeks anyway.

I'm sure my daughter will be tickled that she helped make it - so really it's a win regardless!


No comments: