10.23.2012

Project for the day: Caramel turtles

Ever had one of those days where you just want to crawl into bed by about, oh, say, noon?

I had a rather trying day yesterday with my daughter. She's 2 (which may be enough explanation for most parents), but she felt that whatever I asked her to do, the opposite was more enjoyable...so I decided I'd make caramel.

Once I got going making caramel (it's a very simple 6 minute microwave caramel seen here), I decided to make salted nuts with caramel, and after I finished that, I decided they needed chocolate...so I ended up making turtles.

It's pretty standard procedure. Spray silicon mini muffin pan with cooking spray, add peanuts (or any nut - walnuts and cashews would be awesome, but I didn't have any on hand). pour in caramel on top. Cool for about 15 minutes in the refrigerator). Heat up chocolate and fill in the rest of the muffin pan. Cool in the freezer until the chocolate is solid. Pop out of pan onto waxed paper. pour chocolate over the other side to cover caramel and nuts. Done! (I keep them in the freezer so I don't have to eat them all at once (and also so I can't eat them all at once)).
The picture to the right is before pouring the caramel over them.

Once I had finished that I sampled one (to make sure they were editable :) ) and felt better. Yay!

No comments: