10.31.2012

Happy Halloween!

So my daughter woke up this morning with a fever of 102. Shoot. No trick-or-treating here. (She really has no idea that she's missing anything, and we still have plenty of candy from the two Halloween parties we attended, so she's not really missing out, but I'm kind of sad that she doesn't get to tell everyone her joke.

Does your town have that tradition? I had never heard of it until I moved here, but I really enjoy it. The kids have to work a little harder for their candy. Her joke is: "A puppy walked into a bar...Ouch!" (which is pretty cute for a 2 year old :) She was very good at telling it too, so it's rather sweet.

Also, I am saddened that I don't get to show off her costume. I didn't make it, but my mom did. In fact, my mom made it for my younger sister to wear (and my sister is now 21)! Here is a picture of a few of my siblings dressed up in costume (including the puppy) and my little one sporting the same one. I love using the stuff from my childhood. I feel like I'm being a good steward of the earth, while being nostalgic :)

Hope you have a safe and Happy Halloween!

No comments: